Sunday, May 10, 2009

Book Review- Knit Two

I just finished reading Knit Two by Kate Jacobs.

From the inside flap:

The sequel to the number-one "New York Times" bestseller "The Friday Night Knitting Club, KNIT TWO" returns to Walker and Daughter, the Manhattan knitting store founded by Georgia Walker and her young daughter, Dakota. Dakota is now an eighteen-year-old freshman at NYU, running the little yarn shop part-time with help from the members of the Friday Night Knitting Club.

Drawn together by the sense of family the club has created, the knitters rely on one another as they struggle with new challenges: for Catherine, finding love after divorce; for Darwin, the hope for a family; for Lucie, being both a single mom and a caregiver for her elderly mother; and for seventysomething Anita, a proposal of marriage from her sweetheart, Marty, that provokes the objections of her grown children.

As the club's projects--an afghan, baby booties, a wedding coat--are pieced together, so is their understanding of the patterns underlying the stresses and joys of being mother, wife, daughter, and friend. Because it isn't the difficulty of the garment that makes you a great knitter: it's the care and attention you bring to the craft--as well as how you adapt to surprises.

I was a little worried before I started reading this book because I hadn't read such great reviews about it. But I enjoyed it. I enjoyed The Friday Night Knitting Club more, but I still liked this book. I liked seeing how the characters had changed and grown. There was also a surprise (actually 2 of them) at the end that I didn't see coming. And this time they didn't make me cry!

I gave this book a rating of 3/5.

This book fullfilled requirements in the following challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment