Sunday, August 8, 2010

Book Review- Crusade

I just finished reading Crusade by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie for a Book It Forward ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

The ultimate battle. The ultimate love.

For the past two years, Jenn has lived and trained at Spain's Sacred Heart Academy Against the Cursed Ones. She is among the few who have pledged to defend humanity or die trying. But the vampires are gaining power, and the battle has only just begun.

Forced to return home after death takes a member of her family, Jenn discovers that San Francisco is now a vampire strong-hold. As a lone hunter apart from her team, Jenn is isolated—and at risk. She craves the company of her fighting partner, Antonio: his protection, his reassurance, his touch. But a relationship with Antonio comes with its own dangers, and the more they share of themselves, the more Jenn stands to lose.

Then Jenn is betrayed by one who was once bound to protect her, causing her to doubt all she had held as true. To survive, Jenn must find the courage to trust herself—and her heart.

This was an interesting take on vampires. I think this is the first book I have read where vampires have actually pretty much taken over the world. It was kind of freaky to read about.

The characters were only okay for me. I couldn’t really connect with any of them. I don’t feel that we really got close to any of them. They were all at a distance.  While I think Jenn was the main character, she didn't really stand out to me.  I didn't really care about her.

The ending is a surprise and not one that I'm sure that I understand.  But it definitely sets up nicely for a sequel.

I gave this book a rating of 3/5. 

Crusade will be released on September 7, 2010

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
A to Z Challenge: V
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 104
2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 75
ARC Reading Challenge 2010: 73

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Book It Forward ARC Tours.

2 comments:

  1. Nice honest review. I really want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not really digging this one, but ill definitly look into it. great review chicaaa :)

    ReplyDelete