Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Book Review- My Soul to Keep

I just finished reading My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent.

From Goodreads:

WHEN KAYLEE CAVANAUGH SCREAMS, SOMEONE DIES AND KAYLEE IS ABOUT TO SCREAM HER HEAD OFF...

Kaylee has one addiction: her very hot, very popular boyfriend, Nash. A banshee like Kaylee, Nash understands her like no one else. Nothing can come between them.

Until something does.

Demon’s breath. No, not the toothpaste-challenged kind. The Netherworld kind. The kind that really can kill you. Somehow, the super-addictive substance has made its way to the human world. But how? Kaylee and Nash have to cut off the source and protect their friends—one of whom is already hooked.

And when the epidemic hits too close to home, Kaylee will have to risk everything to save those she loves.
 
I so enjoy this series!  It's just so engaging.  I fly through the books and am lost in them.  The writing is so engrossing and the characters trap you in.  And it's something different from the other paranormal books out there.
 
Once again, I really liked Kaylee.  She's just a great, down-to-earth character.  But I have to say that Nash disappointed me this time (which I think he was supposed to).  After reading the last book in the series, My Soul to Save, I grew to really like Tod.  And now, I think I might like him more than I like Nash.  Hopefully Nash can redeem himself in the book, My Soul to Steal.  And I have to wait until January for the chance to read it!
 
I gave this book a rating of 4.5/5.
 
This book fulfilled an item in the following challenge:
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 106
2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 76
TwentyTen Reading Challenge: Shiny & New #1
 
*FTC Disclosure: I bought this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment