Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Book Review- Holly's Inbox: Scandal in the City

I just finished reading Holly's Inbox: Scandal in the City by Holly Denham.

From Goodreads:

Things are finally looking up for Holly. With her love life, career, and family all on the right path, Holly is looking forward to the next chapter in her life when a sudden rampage of gossip sweeps the city and threatens to destroy Holly's hard-earned happiness. Told entirely through emails, readers can catch a glimpse into the daily digital drama that is Holly Denham's life. Join Holly and her outrageous cast of family and friends as they navigate the ups and downs of living in a city where your world can be turned upside down faster than you can say "You've got mail!"

This book was almost as good as the first--it was definitely as quick of a read as the first one was.  And just as entertaining!  There were just some areas that I was a little lost in.  I'm not sure whether its because it was in the first book and I didn't remember or because the author didn't go into detail but there were some times where I was just like "huh?"  I think I enjoy reading these books so much because I'm so nosy!  It's like getting a glimpse at someone's real emails.  What fun!  There was definitely a nice little twist at the end that I didn't see coming.  Overall, a fun read--it was the perfect vacation-y, sitting by the pool read!

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

Holly's Inbox: Scandal in the City is being released today.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 102

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free by Sourcebooks for an honest review.

1 comment:

  1. When I read Holly's Inbox, I thought it started out a bit slow. But halfway through the book, I couldn't read it fast enough. Overall, I really enjoyed it. I am looking forward to reading this follow up novel.

    ReplyDelete