Thursday, May 29, 2014

Book Review- Shine

I finished reading Shine (Shade #3) by Jeri Smith-Ready today.

From Goodreads:

In this dramatic conclusion to the Shade trilogy, Aura and Zachary’s relationship sizzles as the secrets of the Shift are revealed.

Life can change in an instant, and no one understands that better than Aura. It’s been almost a year since her boyfriend tragically died. She’s finally letting go of Logan’s violet-hued ghost, but not her search to uncover the truth about her past.

As the first in a generation that can see ghosts, Aura is convinced she has a connection to the Shift. She’s trusted Zachary, ever patient and ever by her side, with all that she knows. But when the government threatens his life in an attempt to learn Aura’s secrets, she will stop at nothing to protect herself and the one she loves...even if that means betraying her own heart.


Shine was a satisfying ending to the Shade trilogy.  Quite a lot happened in this book and it spanned over several months.

As much as I like Zachary, I found myself missing Logan.  He wasn't my favorite when he wasn't around but I missed him when he was gone.

I think the ending wrapped up too neatly.  I don't think things would suddenly just be okay after Aura and Zachary get attacked one of the times.  For as much as the DMP seems to be after them, I don't think they'd suddenly just stop.  But I liked the part of the ending that deals with the Shift.  It makes sense and just feels right.

I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.

*FTC Disclosure: I traded this book with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment