Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Book Review- Linger

I just finished reading Linger by Maggie Stiefvater for an Around the World Tour.

From Goodreads:

In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past...and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabel, who already lost her brother to the wolves...and is nonetheless drawn to Cole. At turns harrowing and euphoric, Linger is a spellbinding love story that explores both sides of love--the light and the dark, the warm and the cold--in a way you will never forget.

This book is the second great installment in The Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy.  Usually I don't like sequels as much as the first book, but with Linger, I did.  It kept me hooked from the beginning and I read most of it in one sitting!

This story incorporated 4 points of view and I liked how it alternated.  I once again really liked Grace and Sam.  I thought they were such a cute couple.  And I actually started to like Isabel.  She seemed to actually have a heart and a soft side.  Cole wasn't my favorite, but I don't think he was supposed to be, although he did grow on me a little at the very end.

I must say that I didn't see the exact end coming.  I mean, I knew what would happen in the big picture, just not the reasoning for it.  And Sam's choice at the end shocked me...I thought he would go the other way.  This book really leaves off on a cliffhanger.  I want to know more and I don't want to have to wait for the third book to come out!

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

Linger will be released on July 20, 2010.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 71
2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 53
ARC Reading Challenge 2010: 50

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

1 comment:

  1. I've just finished reading Shiver and can't wait to read Linger!

    ReplyDelete