Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday- June 23, 2010


This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Firelight
by Sophie Jordan
Publication Release Date: September 7, 2010

From Sophie Jordan's website:

With her rare ability to breathe fire, Jacinda is special even among the draki—the descendants of dragons who can shift between human and dragon forms. But when Jacinda’s rebelliousness leads her family to flee into the human world, she struggles to adapt, even as her draki spirit fades. The one thing that revives it is Will, whose family hunts her kind. Jacinda can’t resist getting closer to him, even though she knows she’s risking not only her life but the draki’s most closely guarded secret.

7 comments:

  1. The cover is soo pretty. Also sounds like a cool departure from the typical fantasy stuff out there (not that I don't love the typical fantasy stuff too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the book is as great as the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got an ARC of this at BEA and started reading it Monday. It's really good! My WoW pick is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Megan. The cover is lovely and it is a different sort of fantasy novel. I'll be on the lookout for it in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so in love with this cover. This one is definitely on my most anticipated list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had not seen this one before but it looks really good. I'll have to add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is on our TBR list as well, can't wait!

    Our pick is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete