Thursday, June 10, 2010

Book Review- My Double Life

I just finished reading My Double Life by Janette Rallison for an Around the World Tour.

From Goodreads:

Her whole life, Alexia Garcia has been told that she looks just like pop star Kari Kingsley, and one day when Alexia’s photo filters through the Internet, she’s offered a job to be Kari’s double. This would seem like the opportunity of a lifetime, but Alexia’s mother has always warned her against celebrities.

Rebelliously, Alexia flies off to L.A. and gets immersed in a celebrity life. Not only does she have to get used to getting anything she wants, she romances the hottest lead singer on the charts, and finds out that her own father is a singing legend. Through it all, Alexia must stay true to herself, which is hard to do when you are pretending to be somebody else!
 
First off, this book reminded me a lot of another book I read lately, although it was a chick-lit book, not a YA book.  But in this story, I actually liked the celebrity that needed the double. 
 
I fully expected to hate Kari, going into this story, but I never did.  I liked her right off the bat.  I felt sorry for her and I felt like that she was as normal as a girl who grew up spoiled and in the spot light could be.  And I felt sorry for her. But she was so nice.  And I also liked Alexia.  I found her sarcasm funny and I liked how she kept her ethics the best way she could under the circumstances. And I even liked the side characters of Grant and Alex Kingsley.
 
I also liked the ending.  It was happy in the best way possible (sometimes its nice to read a book where everything goes right).  This was just a light, fun read and I will definitely be checking out Janette Rallison's other books.
 
I gave this book a rating of 4/5.
 
This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 72
2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 54
ARC Reading Challenge 2010: 51
 
*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment