Friday, March 13, 2009

Book Review- Demon's Delight

I just finished reading Demon's Delight by MaryJanice Davidson, Emma Holly, Vickie Taylor, and Catherine Spangler.

From the back cover:

Between day and night, between the living and the undead, between human and immortal there is a passion that crosses the boundary-- magnetically pulling together pairs who seem to have nothing in common. Now, four of today's most thrilling authors explore the delight that ensues when opposites come together...

From MaryJanice Davidsion...Can a witch and a witch-hunter find common ground...without killing each other first?

From Emma Holly...A beautiful scientist in the realm of the Demon World falls in love with a human male she has experimented on--and is changed forever...

From Vickie Taylor...Zane is hell-bent on danger--the more he eludes death, the bigger the rush. Then he awakens from a near-drowning not only alive, but in the caring arms of a beautiful angel. But the ethereal Rosemary is driven by her own desires--and full of surprises

From Catherine Spangler...Meet Rachel, hooker and vampire, plying both trades after hours until she meets Gabriel on the night shift. He's an angelic emissary on a mission to prove Rachel still has a soul, and to save it. But she offers him a mortal temptation he never expects...

Opposite do attract..to the Demon's Delight.

I really enjoyed this book. I really liked that there were 4 different stories. The only downfall is that I wanted to read more! I gave a rating of 3/5 to Witch Way by MaryJanice Davidson. I always love her writing! I gave a 4/5 to Street Corners and Halos by Catherine Spangler. She is a new author to me and I will definitely be looking her up to see what else she has written. I gave a 2/5 to The Demon's Angel by Emma Holly. To me, this was more sci-fi than paranormal. There was a whole new world with new words and I just didn't enjoy it. I gave a 4/5 to Angel and the Hellraiser by Vickie Taylor. This story actually made me cry and she is another author that I will be looking up!

Overall, I gave this book a rating of 3/5.

This book fullfills requirements for the following challenge:
Paranormal 999 Challenge: Ghosts/Angels (can also be used as witches, demons, vampires)

No comments:

Post a Comment