Sunday, March 29, 2009

Book Review- Shadowed Summer

I finished reading Shadowed Summer by Saundra Mitchell last night.

From the inside cover:

Summer in Ondine, Louisiana, is always predictable: hot and boring.

Not this one.

This summer, Iris is fourteen. This summer, she doesn't have to make up spooky stories for excitement. Because a real one falls right in her lap.

Years ago, before she was born, a teenage named Elijah disappeared. All that remains of him are whispers. Until this summer. A ghost begins to haunt Iris, and she's convinced it's the ghost of Elijah.

What really happened to him?

And why, of all people, has he chosen Iris?

This is a cute story. I would say its mostly innocent, until you get to the end. The mystery in here was great. I pretty much figured out what happened to Elijah by the time I got to the end, but I definitely didn't predict the "why". I really enjoyed the way the author wrote the story. She used southern language that made it seem very real. This was a quick fun read.

I gave this story a 3/5.

This book fullfills items for the following challenge:
Paranormal 999 Challenge: ghosts

Thanks to GoodReads for sending me a copy of this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment