Friday, March 27, 2009

Book Review- Revelations

I just finished reading Revelations by Melissa De La Cruz.

From the inside cover:

Schuyler Van Alen's blood legacy has just been called into question:is the young vampire in fact a Blue Blood, or is it the sinister Silver Blood that runs through her veins? As controversy swirls, Schuyler is left stranded in the Force household, trapped under the same roof as her cunning nemesis, Mimi Force, and her forbidden crush, Jack Force.

When an ancient place of power is threatened in Rio de Janeiro, however, the Blue Bloods will need Schuyler on their side. The stakes are high, the battle is bloody; and through it all, Schuyler is torn between duty and passion, love and freedom.

This is the thrid book in the Blue Bloods series. I enjoyed reading it, but not as much as I enjoyed the other two. For some reason, I had a hard time connecting with Schuyler in this one. I felt much more warmth towards Bliss. This is the right amount of romance and mystery- enough to make me want to keep reading. And there are some twists at the end that I definitely didn't see coming. I am looking forward to the next book in the series, The Van Alen Legacy.

I gave this book a rating of 3/5.

This book fullfills the requirements for the following challenges:

1 comment:

  1. I am not familiar with this particular series. It sounds interesting though. I will have to look for it. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete