Monday, March 23, 2009

Book Review- Oh My Goth

I finished started and finished Oh My Goth by Gena Showalter yesterday.

From the back cover:

Jade Leigh is a nonconformist who values individuality above all else. She has a small group of like-minded Goth friends who wear black, dabble in the dark arts, and thrive outside the norm. They're considered the "freaks" of their high school. But when Jade's smart mouth lands her in trouble -- again -- her principal decides to teach her a lesson she'll never forget.

Taken to a remote location where she is strapped down and sedated, Jade wakes up in an alternate universe where she rules the school. But her best friends won't talk to her, and the people she used to hate are all Goth. Only Clarik, the mysterious new boy in town, operates outside all the cliques. And only Mercedes, the Barbie clone Jade loathes, believes that Jade's stuck in a virtual reality game -- because she's stuck there, too, now living the life of a "freak." Together, they realize they might never get back to reality...and that even if they do, things might never be the same.

This was a cute, quick read. It was a YA paranormal, but not in the normal sense. I really enjoyed the ending. It was realistic (as realistic can be), and Jade and Merecedes seemed to learn their lesson. My only complaint is that I wish it was a little bit longer so that I could see more of what happened later in the end.

I gave this book a rating of 3/5.

This book fullfills requirements for the following challenges :

2 comments:

  1. Overall I liked this book too but was kind of let down. I thought it had potential to be so much better.

    ReplyDelete