Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays- March 24, 2009


TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
Please avoid spoilers!

My two teasers:

" 'You don't have to take notes. Most people outside of Massachusetts don't even celebrate it, but Grandma Nomi always goes a little overboard because an ancestor was involved.' "
~pg 135, Modern Magic by Anne Cordwainer

5 comments:

  1. you caught my attention, wonder what it is they are talking about! Let me know how you like the book when your done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good teaser. Are they talking about Halloween?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm - well, I'm pretty sure everyone celebrates Halloween - the only MA regional holidays I know of are Evacuation Day which coincides with St. Patty's Day and Patriots Day which coincides with the Boston Marathon. Why would those be so magical?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in MA, so I'm especially curious! Something to do with the Salem witch trials?

    Good teaser, you have us all wondering!

    Dawn
    She is Too Fond of Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an intriguing teaser! You've got me curious!

    ReplyDelete