Thursday, August 6, 2009

Book Review- DupliKate

I just sat down and finished reading Duplikate by Cherry Cheva--all in one sitting!

From the back cover:

Getting into Yale has been Kate Larson's dream for years--and being overworked and under-rested is the price of admission. But when she opens her eyes after falling asleep on her keyboard one night, she comes face-to-face with, well, herself.

Meet Kate's computer-generated twin. Kate doesn't know why she's here or how to put her back where she belongs, but she's real. And she's the last thing Kate has time to deal with right now. Unless...Could having a double be the answer to Kate's prayers?

I really enjoyed this book. It was definitely a new story line for me to read. It totally brought back memories of my senior year of high school and trying to cram everything in so I could get into the school of my dreams.

I really liked all of the characters. I could identify with Kate--being stressed out and trying to balance a social and academic life. And I enjoyed Rina, Kate's computer-generated twin. But I couldn't decide if I liked her or if I thought she was evil--a lot of the time I felt pity for her. I also liked the two main male characters- Paul and Jake. They both had qualities that I would have found appealing in high school.

Overall, this was a quick, fun read. It took me on a trip down memory lane, and made me laugh while doing it!

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.
This book was reviewed for 1 ARC Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment