Sunday, August 9, 2009

Book Review- Speed Demon

I just sat down and read Speed Demon by Erin Lynn, all in about an hour and a half.

From the back cover:

You think you know annoying guys? Just try the demonic kind...

That's pretty much how I feel about Levi, who recently shot out of a demon hole in my tub. Let's just say closing the portal was hard--it involved driving my mom's minivan into our kitchen.

Now I'm grounded, not allowed to drive, and getting chauffeured around by a demon whose driver's license is dubious at best. Plus, he tells me, when one portal closes--another one opens...

Even though Levi can be a pain, I just can't let the other demons drag him back to hell. I guess that means it's up to me, Kenzie Sutcliffe, to save the day...again!


This was a cute sequel to Demon Envy. I really like Erin Lynn's writing style--it's very funny and quick to read. While I felt bad for, and liked, Kenzie's boyfriend Adam, I really liked the relationship between Kenzie and Levi--it's playful and fun. The plot was slightly predictable--I easily figured out how the new portal opened, but I didn't see how Kenzie was going to close it. The ending left me hanging. I want to know more about the new portal that opened and what's going to happen between Kenzie and Levi, or between Kenzie and Adam. I didn't see any info on another book, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a third one is coming!

I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.


This book fullfills items in the following challenges:
Paranormal 999 Challenge: Demons

1 comment:

  1. Andrea - there are supposed to be seven books in this series. :)

    ReplyDelete