Monday, August 17, 2009

Book Review- The Love of Her Life

Last night I finished reading The Love of Her Life by Harriet Evans.

From the back cover:

Like every woman, Kate thought she'd never meet the love of her life...Until she did. But are they destined to be together?

Kate Miller has lived in New York for three long years. Now, with her father ill, it's time to come home and face everything she's left behind.

Her friends: Zoe and Francesca, bound to her forever as a result of one day when life changed for them all.

Her family: her adored father and his much younger wife.

The job she abandoned on a glossy woman's magazine.

And the man she thought was the love of her life, whose heart she has broken.

What really happened before Kate left London? And can she pick up the pieces and allow herself to love life again?

A modern day love story jam-packed with humour, hurt, hope and happiness--so unputdownable you'll cancel your Friday night out to keep reading.

It took me a little while to get into the book. Throughout the book you know that something happened to Kate's love life. She hints at it all of the time but doesn't say exactly what happened. Sometimes when there is a mystery like this in a book, it really makes me want to know what happened, but in this story it got a little annoying.

When I found out what happened, however, it shocked me! I kind of guessed what happened, but there was more to it than I could even have guessed. And it was so sad!!

The book got better as I read more, but even though it was a long book, I didn't feel the ending was enough. I want to know more about what happened between Kate and Mac!

I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.

1 comment:

  1. Good review, but I'll pass on reading it, I really like the cover though!

    -Eleni

    ReplyDelete