Thursday, August 6, 2009

Book Review- Real Vampires Get Lucky


From the back cover:

After four hundred years, you'd think that by now I'd be able to know trouble when I smelled it...

Blood. Type B. Human. Coming from the alley behind my shop. A female loan shark named Lucky had been attacked and left for dead. To save her, I, Glory St. Clair, did something I never ever wanted to resort to. I turned a human into a vampire. It's not that I regret changing Lucky. I had no choice. I will say though, eternity would have been safer without her.

Vamps prefer a low profile. Not Lucky. So what if she has a sexy rock star ex-boyfriend and great shoes? Who died and made her Queen of the Damned? Her flamboyant behavior is not only drawing every vampire hunter within miles--it's bringing her would-be killer out of hiding too.

Good news is, Lucky's mobster father is offering a big reward to catch him. Bad news is, underworlds are about to collide--and the odds aren't exactly in my favor.

This is the third book in the series by Gerry Bartlett. It's a fun, steamy, paranormal read. It's nice to read about a vampire who isn't super-skinny but likes her figure anyways. And her relationship with Jerry/Blade is HOT! I look forward to reading the next book in the series, Real Vampires Don't Diet, soon!

I gave this book a rating of 3/5.

This book fullfilled items in the following challenges:
Paranormal 999 Challenge: Vampires (can also be used as shape-shifters)

No comments:

Post a Comment