Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Sunday Salon- August 23, 2009


This past week has been very stressful. It was our pre-planning week at school so I've been trying to get my classroom set up and ready for the first day of school. I met my new kiddos on Friday..they're so cute. I forget that they're such babies at the beginning of the year. By then end of the year they're so independent (as much as 5 and 6 year olds can be). And I enjoyed seeing all of my kids from the past 4 years that came back to visit. I find it amusing that I still get so nervous about the first day of school...hopefully all goes well tomorrow!

I finished and reviewed the following books this week:
The Love of Her Life by Harriet Evans
How It Ends by Laura Wiess
The Divorce Party by Laura Dave
Time Of My Life by Allison Winn Scotch

I didn't fullfill any items for challenges this week.

I am currently reading Fade by Lisa McMann and up next is Millie's Fling by Jill Mansell for a book review.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow. One of the biggest shocks to my system was the year I moved down to teach Yr 5 instead of Yr 6. The Children I'd left behind in July were nearly 12, the ones I picked up in September were just 9. The difference was really disorientating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with school!

    You read some pretty good books! Wish I could read that many in a week..hard with a full time job and sleeping during the day so I can go to it..grr.

    ReplyDelete