Sunday, January 17, 2010

Book Review- The Summoning

I just finished reading The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong.

From Goodreads.com:

My name is Chloe Saunders and my life will never be the same again.

All I wanted was to make friends, meet boys, and keep on being ordinary. I don't even know what that means anymore. It all started on the day that I saw my first ghost—and the ghost saw me.

Now there are ghosts everywhere and they won't leave me alone. To top it all off, I somehow got myself locked up in Lyle House, a "special home" for troubled teens. Yet the home isn't what it seems. Don't tell anyone, but I think there might be more to my housemates than meets the eye. The question is, whose side are they on? It's up to me to figure out the dangerous secrets behind Lyle House . . . before its skeletons come back to haunt me.

I have heard such good things about the series by Kelley Armstrong, and I've had the first two books in my TBR pile for a while, but hadn't had a chance to get around to them.  I'm so glad that I finally did.  It was a great, intriguing story!

While I didn't personally connect with any of the characters, I really liked them all.  Even Derek--there was a soft spot in my heart that knew he couldn't be as bad as he was portrayed at first.  The ending definitely surprised me.  And the plot keeps you hanging on.  What is Lyle House really?  And why are the kids that are there, there?  We only find out some of the answers, and some questions leave us hanging.  I am really glad that I have the next book, The Awakening, ready to read next!

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
A to Z Challenge: A
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 10
2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 9
TwentyTen Reading Challenge: Up To You! #2
ARC Reading Challenge 2010: 9

*FTC Disclosure:  I won this copy of the book from another blogger.

1 comment:

  1. You gave a high rating for this book. And so does few others..

    If only you r next door to me, then i can borrow it :P

    ReplyDelete