Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Sunday Salon- January 24, 2010

The Sunday Salon

Thankfully, this week was a short one at school.  We had Monday off for Martin Luther King Jr Day and then Friday was a teacher workday (we  had a presentation to go to in the morning and then we were supposed to work a half day in our classroom but my friend and I snuck out early).  Then today my best friend and I went to The Wine Room.  I love this place!  You put money on a card and then you go find the wine you want (there are hundreds) and stick your card in the slot and choose if you want a taste, half glass, or full glass and then it fills it up for you.  And we always get blue cheese chips and a cheese plate.  Yum!

I finished and reviewed the following books this week:

The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong

Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev

Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin

In A Heartbeat by Loretta Ellsworth

I fulfilled items in the following challenges this week:
 2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 9, 11, 12, 13
2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 10, 11, 12
ARC Reading Challenge 2010: 8, 10, 11
A to Z Challenge: B, E
TwentyTen Reading Challenge: Bad Blogger's #2, Who Are You Again? #1

I am currently reading Give Up the Ghost by Megan Crewe and up next is O, Juliet by Robin Maxwell.


  1. congrats! and can hardly wait to see what you think of Giving Up The Ghost!

  2. I so want to read Alice I Have been!!! Eyes like Stars and the awakening are on my TBR. Congrats on finishing all those books :)